Am back after 3 looong years. Lots of changes happened on my side that I could not feed my blog. I definitely missed blogging but lemme share with you something. We have a new addition to our family and he is 1.5 years now. Already??? Sigh!!! We named him Dhyan and call him Appu at home. He takes away 99 % of our time. Am really enjoying my "mommy role". It is not that I wasn't cooking all these 3 years but being a working mom, I wanted to exclusively spend time with him when am back from work. I used to click pics but hardly had time to blog. I could have just posted recipe but not the way how I like it. You know, I like blabbering with you guys. So I thought I will resume blogging only when I have time for that.
Secondly, I was on a mission. Finally achieved it. Eureka!!! I changed my job, relocated to a new country. It took some time for things to fall in place. You know it is not an easy task to manage work and home with an active toddler. Am enjoying my new phase to the fullest.
Coming back to the recipe, this is packed with flavor. You can either have it as it is or with some soup. We had it with cream of chicken soup and it was Yum. Arun and Appoos loved it. Am sure you will enjoy it as well, especially, if u are garlicky person like me :-)
RECIPE FOR GARLIC PULL APART BREAD:
All Purpose flour / Maida : 3.5 Cups
Salt : 1.25 Tsp
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Garlic Powder : 1.5 tbsp (1 + 1/2)
Dried Basil : 2 tsp (1/4 + 1 3/4)
Italian seasoning : 1/4 tsp
Instant Yeast : 1 tbsp
Sugar : 1 tbsp
Olive oil : 2 tbsp
Lukewarm water : 1 cup (1/4 + 3/4)
Luke warm milk : 1/4 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese : 6 tbsp
Melted butter : 4 tbsp (3 + 1)
- In a big mixing bowl, froth the yeast by dissolving yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water and sugar. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Once its frothy add olive oil into it.
- Add All purpose flour + salt + baking powder + 1 tbsp Garlic powder + 1/4 tsp basil, 3/4 cup of water and milk to the same bowl.
- Knead the dough till all ingredients come together.
- Cover the bowl till dough doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and roll out into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle sheet. Generously flour the surface to avoid dough sticking to the floor.
- Brush 3 tbsp melted butter to the rectangle, sprinkle 1/2 tbsp garlic powder, Italian seasoning, remaining basil, and cheese.
- Cut 5 vertical lines with a pizza cutter or sharp knife to get 6 rectangles. Cut a horizontal line to get 12 squares.
- Stand the greased bread pan, stack each square one above the other or zig-zag pattern.
- Leave the pan covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Brush 1 tbsp melted butter to the risen stack of dough.
- Bake it for 30 minutes on the 2nd rack of the oven.
Serve warm with a creamy chicken soup. Yummmm!!!!
- You can substitute garlic powder with 3 to 4 minced garlic.
- You can substitute can skip basil and use only Italian season or vice versa. Crush the herb using your hand before adding.
- Oven settings vary according to the brand. The settings given in this recipe is the standard one and is what I follow. You know your oven best so you can make changes according to your oven.